One-component, ready-to-use levelling paste, based on special bitumen and dispersion fillers. It is used for the levelling and restoration of the slopes of bituminous membranes, including slated ones, before the laying of a new waterproofing layer and for the construction of horizontal/vertical connection shells. It allows the creation of thicknesses between 0,08 inch and 0,6 inch (between 2 mm and 15 mm) in a single coat. It is possible to reach a maximum thickness of 1,6 inch (4 cm) by applying successive coats.
- Application Apply with a straightedge, trowel, or smooth metal trowel.
- Consumption 2,4 – 2,55 gallons/10 sq. ft. (1.6 - 1.7 kg/m²) per mm of thickness.
- Useful Advices Carefully clean the support to remove dust, crumbly parts, foreign or non-sticking substances. The application must take place on dry surfaces and supports. The bituminous membranes must have undergone at least 180 days of oxidation, before proceeding with the application of the product. The parts of the membrane damaged, perforated, slightly reptated (formation of humps and depressions), raised and any joints that are discontinuous or completely unsoldered, must be repaired, and sealed using the SHELL TIXOPHALTE product. Apply the product with a thickness between 0,08 inch and 0,6 inch (between 2 mm and 15 mm) per coat. For further coats, wait at least 24 hours. Maximum applicable thickness: 1,6 inch (4 cm). Protect for at least 48 hours from: water, rain, snow, or high humidity at night. It can be over-applied with all the liquid waterproofing membranes of the WINKLER range or with bituminous membranes by torching or cold gluing with WINGLUE, WINGLUE FAST or WINGLUE UNIVERSAL.
- Packaging 0,8 gallons per pail (5 kg buckets). 3,2 gallons per pail (20 kg buckets).
- Storage The product, in its undamaged packaging and stored in a dry and protected place, has a shelf-life of 12 months. Store at temperatures between 41°F and 95°F (+5°C and +35°C).
Technical data sheet